‘Raaz Reboot’ has generated curiosity ever since the first teaser was launched online. Given that the makers have called it curtains on their hit franchise after the fourth instalment, here’s looking at four reasons why audience shouldn’t miss this Emraan Hashmi-Kriti Kharbanda-Gaurav Arora- starrer that is written and directed by Vikram Bhatt.
One of the locations that top the imagination of horror aficionados, the country, famed for its countless tales of Dracula, has been aptly explored by Vikram. From shooting in Romania’s most haunted forests to other spine-chilling yet exotic locales, the film promises to be a visual treat.
The film’s makers revolutionised the horror genre with a different story that also gave audiences something to take back with them. Not to forget, every franchise in this series has been a box office hit. What’s the raaz this time for Kriti’s possessed avatar to send shivers down the spine is what the producers and director keep the viewers guessing.
This is a significant ingredient that makes the franchise unique in the genre. Toplined with talented names in the music industry, the haunting and soulful soundtrack has only added to the romance and mystery of ‘Raaz Reboot’.
This film also brings together producers Bhushan Kumar and Bhatt brotehrs — Mahesh and Mukesh — a formidable combination, who prove it yet again with the soundtrack. Emraan teams up again with his ‘Raaz 3’ director, Vikram, in a role he owns with trademark ease.
Behind The Scenes
- While shooting at the Bucharest Palace, Emraan, Kriti, Gaurav, Vikram and the team could sense a eerie vibe. What’s more, they would get gooseflesh each time they walked down the hallways and felt that they were being watched.
- Besides steamy intimate scenes with Emraan, Kriti also performed the action scenes herself. Not only does the film mark her Bollywood debut, but also her first in doing stunts, dubbing her own lines and mouthing expletives as part of her character.
- According to Emraan, this is the scariest of the ‘Raaz’ films. The actor, who has been associated with the franchise from the first, on which he was assisting Vikram, says the locations and the atmosphere added to the chilling moments.
- After having played a painter in ‘Raaz 2’ and a director in ‘Raaz 3’, Emraan turns a photographer for ‘Raaz Reboot’. He experiments with a different look, sporting a man-bun, which has got him a lot of attention.
- Gaurav, who plays a banker, looked to Hollywood star Harrison Ford for inspiration and adapted his sophistication and mannerisms for his role.
- The first installment featured a raven and the director has brought the bird back in the fourth outing as well. The scene in which a raven flies straight into the windshield of Gaurav’s car spooked the crew at the shoot, too.
- Vikram was impressed that his lead actress had no qualms about looking ugly in the scenes her character gets possessed. He says, “Kriti was the first actress who insisted on being made to look ugly.”
- Emraan calls ‘Lo Maan Liya’ from this film his ‘all-time favourite’ song. He says, “The tunes are haunting and have an element of mystery about them.”
- While shooting for the scene that required her character to be nude, Kriti insisted that every crew member in the room would strip down, too, despite minus 10 degrees temperature. “Why would I freeze alone?” she joked, making sure all present were stripped down to their basics.
Source: Times of India